Sunday 7 December 2014

No use crying over spilt pancakes (Blogmas Day 7)

Today has been a simple day. A simply wonderful day.

Probably the last easy simple day before Christmas now.

 

It started, as all good Sunday's should, with a bacon sandwich. With a bacon sandwich and planning a surprise.

And then the boy came and picked me up and we went shopping for cake ingredients. I like shopping with the boy. It feels homey.

So we went home and dealt with the surprise. Putting up a little Christmas tree. :-)

 

Generally spent the day pottering about. We laughed and danced about and dozed and generally were a bit daft as we generally are. It was easy. It was simple. And I didn't have to worry about anything.

I know I have talked about worrying before but I worry about a lot of things. Especially at this time of year.

 

As the day went on we tried to make the cake (an attempt at a sugar free treat) and decided to have a stab at pancakes. Neither these things went well. The cake didn't rise very much and the pancakes were a bit of a disaster. Basically we didn't get any pancakes.

 

It shouldn't matter. It doesn't matter. But it was such a beautiful day that I felt like I had spoiled it. That I had failed somehow or been a let down. Which is silly. It's just pancakes. Just cake. Nothing important really.

It is so easy to focus on the negative when there is so much positive going on.

So next year, I am starting up my three good things diary again. If I do anything, I want to do that.

 

No use crying over spilt pancakes.

Love Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment