Sunday 27 July 2014

Product Review!

Hello!

 

I'm doing something I've not done before. A product review! I do enjoy reading these on other people's blogs so I thought I'd give it a go myself!

What is the product you say?

It's Soap and Glory: Heel Genius!

Now, I love the warmer weather but I do find that summer takes its toll on my little toes.

The endless days of sandals and no socks, while delightful, leave me with blisters on the balls of my feet and dry skin that is just downright uncomfortable.

 

I am terrible at looking after myself and all that pampering doo-lally. I have to really see results from a product to want to use it and to remember to use it regularly. I can't say for definite but I really think this could be one of them!

 

First of all, the packaging. Who doesn't love a bit of Soap and Glory packaging! Especially when it says things like this on it:

 

Okay, now onto the nitty gritty. I admit, for me, it has a slightly odd smell. Not unpleasant, just a little different. It's not minty or fruity like you might expect. I would have to describe it as quite a clean smell. Which is no bad thing.

And the texture isn't what I was expecting either. It's almost quite dry, not like a usual cream, but not crazy thick like a mask. It rubs in really easily and doesn't leave a greasy residue. This is going to sound silly but it feels like it has left a protective layer. But not in a greasy-not-rubbed-in kind of way!

 

The tube instructs you to slap it on your feet before bed, pop some socks on and let it do it's work while you dream of all the sandals you're going to buy. I can't sleep in socks so I skipped this step but it still worked a treat.

After one over night application I was amazed!

While not 100% cured (that would've involved a lot of skin cell regeneration) my skin felt much smoother and a lot happier.

I've used it for three nights now, and honestly, it's a bit like having new feet!

 

And (top quality bonus for those of us trying to be thrifty) it's only £5.50 a tube. Some people out there are thinking that is dirt cheap. While others are thinking that seems a tad pricey. I probably fall into the latter category but it's a decent sized tube, you don't have to use much and it works. Surely it's better to spend a bit on a product that does the job than on one that doesn't?

 

If it means more days like this, them I'm a happy bunny.

If you've enjoyed this post, or have any recommendations for products to make summer a bit more enjoyable then please let me know!

 

Toodle Pip, Charlotte x

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment