Wednesday 30 July 2014

Scrub a dub dub.

The problem with 3 for 2 offers is you inevitably end up coming out of the shop with things you didn't go in for.

The great thing about 3 for 2 offers is you can look at them as an opportunity to try some new things.

 

Last week, Soap and Glory was on this tempting deal in Boots. It might still be if you're lucky. It would've been rude not to try some new stuff wouldn't it? And I had an offer on my advantage card for bonus points if I spent a certain amount.

It. Just. Made. Sense.

 

After testing out the thing I actually went in for (Heel Genius), it is time to investigate my spur of the moment, on a whim purchase:

Pulp Friction

Packaging? Awesome. It's a good big tube. It has the usual Soap and Glory wit that I enjoy so much. It is all a bit pink for my personal taste but that's not really important. What is important is if the product is any good or not!

 
Foamy and Fruity
To start off, I bought it because of the Foamy and Fruity claim, which I though sounded pretty lush and it lives up to this no problem. It smells delicious and does foam up pretty nicely. It's not like bubble bath foamy or anything but it creates a very pleasant lather. It is this that I think helps it achieve its next selling point.
 
Scrubby, but not too scrubby
We all know the aim of a scrub is to get rid of the dead skin cells and smooth out our skin. But that doesn't mean we want to feel like we're being sandpapered raw. It was very pleasant to use, it felt really good on the skin and even felt like it was probably doing my circulation some good! I don't know why (useful comment there!) but I definitely felt like I was doing myself a favour by using this. I sometimes get funny little bumps on my skin (surely there's a technical term for this) and this does seem to have helped smooth them out a bit. It's doing it's job!
 
Cost Factor
Hmm, well. It is £8 which to me feels like a lot. But that's just me. I'm a bit of a cheapskate and also, not being into all this 'taking care of yourself' business, I'm just not used to the idea of spending money on stuff like this! Having seen a lot of more costly products out there I'm sure this is a jolly good deal.
I reckon it's the sort of thing to use maybe once a week. And if that's right it should last a good while. And if you can get it on a good offer then why not treat yourself?
 
Overall, I enjoyed this product. I'm already looking forward to using it again which is more than can be said for some other things up I've tried. If you're in the market for a new scrub I would recommend giving this a whirl!
 
I've got one more product on the 3 for 2 deal to talk about. I look forward to sharing it with you soon!
 
Pip pip,
Charlotte x

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment