Wednesday 20 August 2014

Think about your troubles.

Hello.

Today this is going to be a short one. Sorry.

 

As I think I have mentioned I am a worrier. And an over thinker. If you can worry about it and overthink it, I will. It should be a career. I would be a pro!


It might sound a bit clichéd but I have found that making tea is a very good way to distract from worrying. You can focus on making it, on stirring, on making sure it is the right colour before, during and after adding the milk. And then, of course there is the drinking. A tea, especially if shared with a friend, is a great companion for thinking about your worries and a great time for planning how to overcome them. For anyone that doesn't like tea, I am sorry but you are missing out on this beautiful ritual and time-honoured tradition of putting the world right.

 

One of the best films ever made in my opinion is The Point, from the album of the same title by Harry Nillson.

Especially this song. It captures everything needed about worries. Think about them by all means but when it comes down to it, most things aren't world ending. Listen. Love.

 

 

Don't worry. Be happy.

Charlotte xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment