Sunday 22 November 2015

Entrepreneurship Week #BEDN 18

I long to be those people who make crafts and sell them on etsy or craft markets or in those brilliant shops where each seller has a shelf or a bookcase to display their items.

 

The only problem with this is that I am not actually very good at crafting. I'm pretty okay and some things but I'm not actually very good enough at a thing so that I could make a living from it. I can make a nice thing for someone as a present but I can give myself plenty of time to accomplish this. Or sometimes I don't and I end up having to craft non stop to complete my ambitions.

 

I also get very distracted, I decided last year that I was going to make a Pinterest inspired pine one wreath. I went out and collected all my own pine cones and then left the sitting in a bag until now. I'm really hoping to get it completed in time for this Christmas. I have two blankets in progress. I have a half completed cushion over. I have grand ambitions for a patchwork quilt made of old t-shirts. They are all languishing.

 

This short attention span isn't even the only thing stopping me from becoming a self employed crafter extraordinaire.

  1. I struggle to have consistent ideas of my own rather than just pilfering other ideas or following patterns.
  2. I don't know anything about taxes or money or apart of that jazz.
  3. I am not brave enough.

 

I admire anyone that has a go at setting up on their own. And I love unique things so well done to everyone that is able to make their own things and share them with the world.

 

Maybe one day, I'll have a go. I'll be sure to give you a shout if I do.

 

 

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment