Monday 23 November 2015

Travel #BEDN 21

I haven't really travelled.

I've been to Disneyland Paris when I was younger and Austria on a school ski trip but other than that I have only been on UK holidays. I've been to lots of places in the UK but by no means have I been everywhere. Not even close.

 

I am in the position that next year I might be able to go on a holiday with The Boy, here are my current suggestions.

 

  1. Hire a campervan, pick somewhere and brum around it.
  2. Go to Cornwall, because I miss the Eden Project.
  3. Look at the Fjords in Norway
  4. Take the train to Barcelona.
  5. Get one of those interrail tickets.
  6. The Isle of Wight, chines, St Michael's mount. It's all good.

 

So even there I've picked three 'local' trips.

The thing is, is because I've never done it, I don't know what to expect. It feels overwhelming. I don't know how to book a flight or a ferry or n international train ticket. I'm not confident finding places here, let alone a hotel in another country. I'm terrible at languages. What are you allowed to pack? I'm terrible at packing light, no matter how hard I try.

 

I'm sure it's not actually that hard. Google translate will surely be a big help right?

Maybe I should start with a package holiday?

I don't know.

I have a friend at work who is always looking for good deals on flights and hotels and does it all herself but I wouldn't know where to begin!

I see all the adverts for last minute deals and flights and so on but I just can't get to grips with it all.

 

Dear world of people who know what they are doing, please help!

What is the best thing to do? What are your top tips?

 

I'm sure The Boy would look after me, I just need to commit to a destination and go for it!

 

Love Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment